I love roasting chickens—it’s so easy and the result is so much better than anything you can buy.
You will need:
2 tablespoons sage, chopped
1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and chopped
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1 large organic chicken
glug of olive oil
small potatoes carrots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together sage, rosemary, pine nuts, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Loosen breast skin of chicken and place mixture underneath.
- If there is any of the mixture left, use that for the cavity of the chicken.
- Tie legs together using kitchen twine.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add potatoes and carrots.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 11⁄2 hours, check for doneness with a thermometer.
- Let the chicken rest about 10 minutes before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–