2 1/2 pounds pork loin
2 tablespoonsOlive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1 whole garlic bulb, top cut off
1 bunch whole sage
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup white wine
- Rub the pork loin with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Coat a pan with oil and heat; brown the pork on all sides.
- Place in an ovenproof dish with the garlic.
- Sprinkle sage on top and secure meat with kitchen string.
- Add the stock and wine.
- Cover with foil and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the meat rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, garlic and the jus from the pan.
Made it? Tell us about it–