The honey and sage give these biscuits a hint of sweetness and a little extra something special. And they taste amazing fresh out of the oven.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 cup half-and-half
3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sage, honey, and salt.
- Add the butter and work it into the flour with your hands. The result should be like coarse sand.
- Add half-and-half and work it fast into the mix. Don't overwork the dough; it should just hold together.
- Place dough on a clean, floured surface, and use a rolling pin to roll dough out until 1-inch thick.
- Use a glass or cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits. Don't twist the glass or cookie cutter; twisting prevents the dough from rising.
- Place on a baking tray, and bake until golden, 12–15 minutes.
- Once biscuits are out of the oven, brush with melted butter. Cool on wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–