This recipe will fill your home with the smell of roasted sage.
We had the BEST Autumn weekend with Josh & Brent (a.k.a. The Beekman Boys) at their beautiful home in Sharon Springs, NY. We prepared a wonderful Fall feast. I think you will love this sage roasted chickn from our day!
You will need:
8 large organic chicken thighs
16 sage leaves (or more)
salt & pepper
1 red cabbage cut into wedges
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 parsley root - you can use a parsnip - peeled and sliced
8 shallots, peeled
1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay out the chicken thighs and put 2 sage leaves between the skin and the meat.
- Rub the thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large baking dish add cabbage, carrots, parsley root, and shallots.
- Drizzle with oil and toss with salt and pepper.
- add the chicken and bake until golden brown. they will need about 30 minutes.
- Serve with the baked vegetables.
Made it? Tell us about it–