So amazingly good, best served room temperature.
10 tablespoons butter, soft
1⁄2 cup+2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 egg yolks
11⁄2 cups plain flour
1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
11⁄2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons corn syrup
6 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
4 oz dark chocolate, chopped
fleur de sel or Maldon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Add flour and cocoa and work together.
- Press into 6 mini tart pans.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Let sit for 1 hour.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over medium heat beat together sugar, syrup, and water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Pour the warm liquid into the tarts.
- Place cream and chocolate in a double boiler and melt together.
- Once smooth remove from heat and place on top of each tart.
- Finish off by sprinkling the tarts with some salt.
Made it? Tell us about it–