A perfect balance of sweet and savory!
1 cup sugar
1 Stick Butter (110 g)
1 large egg
2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat it well into the mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before use.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut out round cookies and transfer to a parchment-paper-covered baking tray.
- Top each cookie with some pine nuts, press them down gently so that they sift in the cookie.
- Top with a little thyme and sea salt.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Store in a airtight container.
Made it? Tell us about it–