A classic Norwegian holiday cookie!
These were a staple in our house at the holidays. We ate them as they are, or filled them with whipped cream, berries or as I did here some meringue. You need to get molds to bake the cookies in, but you can easily buy them at a baking supply store or online.
Get holiday inspiration here:
Makes about 25
You will need:
1 3/4 sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl mix butter and flour. Use your hands and crumble it together.
- Add almonds, egg and sugar and work the dough together with your hands.
- Wrap in plastic and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and prepare your molds with baking spray.
- Take a small amount of dough and press it into the mold, make sure to make them as even as possible.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and remove from molds.
- I simply piped hard peaks sweetened egg whites into the cookies and toasted them under the broiler..
Made it? Tell us about it–