Perfect for Christmas brunch!
1 lb spicy Italian sausage, in pieces
1 medium chorizo sausage, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1 bunch Swiss chard, rinsed and cut into pieces
1 large brioche, torn to pieces
2 1⁄2 cups milk
7 large eggs
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup Gruyère, shredded
- Place sausages, onion, and garlic in a pan and sauté until the onion goes soft.
- Add Swiss chard and cook until wilted. Place in a large bowl.
- Add bread and mix well.
- Mix milk, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the bread mixture in a large ovenproof dish and pour the milk over top.
- Cover with foil and let sit 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, add cheese, and bake another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
Assemble this strata the night before you want to eat it and then bake it before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–