A perfect warm side salad
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
10 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
pinch of red pepper flakes
4 lbs Tuscan kale, stemmed and cut into 1” strips
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup black currants
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon zested lemon rind
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large sauté pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic begins to turn golden. This will take about 6 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium-high, add the kale in small batches, and cook, stirring until all is tender. This will take about 10–12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add toasted pine nuts and currants.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice and rind.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Made it? Tell us about it–