This dish has a lot of zing and is perfect for a weeknight meal.
15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
salt & pepper, to taste
4 pieces trout fillet
1 tablespoon butter
4 pieces of toast, I used sliced brioche
1 lime, in wedges
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, onion, oil, vinegar, chives, salt, and pepper. Set aside. (may be made ahead)
- Rub the fish with salt and pepper.
- Cook in butter—about 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread mayo on the toast and top with trout and tomato salad.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–