Savory French toast is such a treat. The custard goodness translates perfectly to a cheesy and salty situation. I love eggs in any form, never get tired off them, and if you can add Parmesan and some good bread I'm a even Sweeter Paul.
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan (always great fresh)+extra for serving
8 thick slices of good crusty country style bread
butter for frying
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, parmesan and pepper.
- Pour the batter onto a plate and dip the bread on each side the it.
- Sprinkle a little extra parmesan on each side.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and fry the bread on both sides until golden.
- Place on plates and serve with spinach, extra parmesan and a olive oil drizzle on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–