These bars come together in a flash!
I first tasted this combination of whiskey and espresso ice cream in Santander, Spain!
Makes 14 Bars
2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
²⁄3 cup white sugar
1½ sticks butter, melted
½ gallon good quality vanilla ice cream, softened but not melted
2 tablespoons whiskey (I loveJameson)
¼ cup white sugar
3 tablespoons instant espresso (I usedCafe Bustelo)
- To make the crust, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl.
- Spread into a 9x13” pan lined with parchment.
- Press the mixture down into the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare your ice cream once it’s soft enough to stir but not completely melted. In a bowl, mix ¼ cup whiskey with the full container of ice cream until it’s fully incorporated.
- Make the espresso sugar as you would make cinnamon sugar—simply mix the 2 ingredients together.
- To assemble, spread ²⁄3 of your ice cream over the crust.
- Sprinkle ²⁄3 of the espresso sugar over the ice cream.
- Cover with remaining 1⁄3 ice cream and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on the remaining espresso sugar.
- Freeze overnight or until set fully. Or just dig in with a spoon!
- Cut into squares.
This recipe is from my Holiday 2014 issue! Download the issue instantly HERE!
Made it? Tell us about it–