Also known as the diamond of the kitchen, this fungus will give any food a sense of luxury. My favorite way to use it is the simplest: shaved thin over loose scrambled eggs.
6 tablespoons water
pinch of salt and white pepper
4 tablespoons butter
1 black winter truffle
- Beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper together.
- Melt the butter over low heat and add the eggs.
- Whisk the melted butter into the eggs.
- Use a spoon and stir constantly until your scramble has a consistency you like. I like mine very soft.
- Plate and thinly shave truffle over the eggs.
Made it? Tell us about it–