Scallops are such a great thing to serve to large groups of people, as they only need a minute or two in the pan. You can make the pureé the day before.
1 cauliflower head, cut into florets salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons butter
- Boil a large pot of salted water and add the cauliflower. Cook until it is soft, and drain.
- Place cauliflower, cream, and butter in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep the mixture warm.
- Fry the scallops in a little butter for about 45 seconds on each side, and season with some salt.
- Melt butter in a pan and stir until it starts to brown.
- Divide the pureé onto plates and top with scallops, brown butter, and some herbs.
Made it? Tell us about it–