The semolina gives the bread a wonderful texture and the thyme enhances the sweetness.
Chase the sweet things in life with Sweet Paul:
You will need:
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons honey
2 cups + 1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup semolina flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1/4 cup olive oil + more for brushing
flakey sea salt
- Place water, milk, yeast, and honey in a bowl and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of all purpose flour and mix well. Cover the bowl and leave it for 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the flour, semolina, salt, thyme, and oil and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover again and let it rise to double its original size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Divide the dough in 3 and shape each into a round loaf. Place on a baking rack covered with oil.
- Take a sharp knife and cut slits into the center like a flower.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden, about 18–20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–