This dish is perfect for weekend brunch!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
pinch of red chili flakes
28 oz can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté onion and pepper until soft.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add spices and tomatoes and let the mixture simmer until thick. This will take about 15–18 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a large ovenproof skillet.
- Top with cheese and crack eggs into your skillet.
- Add a little thyme and bake until the egg is just done. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve garnished with fresh thyme.
Made it? Tell us about it–