We asked our friends Noah Fecks & Paul Wagtouicz to recreate a Thanksgiving meal from 1947 inspired by the classic food photography of Gourmet Magazine.
Read my Holiday/Winter 2015 issue!
You will need:
4 pounds carrots, washed and peeled
1 stick unsalted butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1⁄2 cup dry sherry
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or parsley, chopped
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots on the bias approximately 1⁄8-inch to 1⁄4-inch thick.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Add carrots, salt, pepper, sugar, and sherry.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until carrots have softened but are still slightly firm, around 10–15 minutes). Add water or broth if necessary to keep carrots from browning or scorching.
- Remove from heat and add chopped tarragon.
- Toss lightly and pour into serving dish.
Made it? Tell us about it–