It's so easy to make tortillas at home! I invested in a tortilla press which makes the process very quick and easy. You can purchase them very inexpensively online!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
MAKES ABOUT 20
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
- Place all ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer and, using a dough hook, mix until you have a smooth dough, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a floured work surface, and cut dough into 20 pieces.
- Flatten the dough using a tortilla maker or rolling pin. If you make a lot of tortillas, I highly recommend a tortilla maker.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, and add the tortillas 1 at a time.
- Cook the tortillas 1 minute on each side; they should get beautiful brown spots.
- Wrap the cooked tortillas in a towel to keep warm until they are all done. You can also reheat them later or the next day.
Made it? Tell us about it–