You should always have a bit of this tapanade in the fridge!
Makes 1 cup
You will need:
11⁄4 cup best Kalamata olives, pitted
4 anchovies, drained
1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped
1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained
2 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 lemon, juiced s
alt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor, blend olives, anchovies, garlic, and capers until mixture is almost smooth.
- With processor on low, slowly add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, until the mixture forms a thick smooth paste.
- Transfer the tapenade into a small bowl.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or more if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a sterilized glass jar and add remaining oil over tapenade to cover the surface.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Made it? Tell us about it–