Roasting the carrots and parsnips at a high temperature brings out their innate sweetness. Let them cook until the edges are charred and crispy.
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz multi-colored carrots
8 oz parsnips
large pinch of salt
pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt together the maple syrup, butter, and olive oil then, set aside.
- Scrub off any dirt from the carrots—if they are multi-colored you will not want to peel them. If you only have conventional carrots, peel and cut them.
- Peel and cut the parsnips.
- Toss together the carrots, parsnips with melted butter, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast until caramelized along the edges. This will take about 30–40 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then toss with the chopped parsley and taste to adjust seasoning
Made it? Tell us about it–