I love smoked fish. Any fish smoked is good with me, salmon, trout, mackerel, eel etc.Love em'all. Must be my norwegian background. Anyhow, I was so happy the other day when a new smoked fish place opened up no so far from me. The smell that met me when I opened the door was amazing, much finer then any perfume you can buy. I bought 2 smoked trouts to have for dinner that night. Made them with a very simple side dish, vinegar baked beets. It's so good......You should try them, with or without the smoked goodness.
5 red beets
5 golden beets
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
salt and pepper
2 smoked trouts
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel the beets and cut them in 4.
- Place in a large oven proof dish and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Serve cold with the smoked trout some sour cream and dark bread.
Made it? Tell us about it–