The most adorable buns you'll ever see!
Makes 2 dozen
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup warm water
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Flaky salt, to taste
48 extra thin carrot sticks, about 1-inch long
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of water.
- Let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1 cup of water, yeast mixture, salt and olive oil
- Mix well until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours.
- Knead the dough and cut into 24 pieces
- Roll each piece into a long ball.
- Roll together in a snail shape and transfer to a baking sheet
- Spray with a little water and sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Bake at 390˚F until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Make two small holes on the head of the snail and add the carrot sticks as antennas.
Made it? Tell us about it–