Soft Pretzels sprinkled with Sweet Paul's take on everything bagel spices!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
3 tablespoons soft butter
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 cups warm water (110°F)
1 1/4 -ounce pack of dry yeast
6 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
8 cups water
1/2 cup baking soda
5 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons dried garlic
- In a mixing bowl mix butter, sugar and water. Add the yeast and let it sit for 8 minutes until it starts foaming.
- Add half of the flour and salt, mix well and then add the rest of the flour. Knead the dough for 6–7 minutes in a stand mixer or a bit longer by hand.
- Cover with plastic and let proof for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, knead it for 1 minute, and cut it into 10 equal large pieces.
- Roll each piece to a long sausage, about 20-25 inches
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Form each sausage into a pretzel shape, and place on tray. Cover with plastic and let rise again 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices together.
- Bring water and baking soda to a simmer. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Use scissors and cut the paper around each pretzel. Transfer the pretzel on the paper into the pot
- Remove the paper and let the pretzel simmer for 40 seconds.
- Remove from water and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with everything mix and bake until golden about 10–12 minutes
- As soon as they come out of the oven, brush with melted butter. Serve with your favorite mustard
Made it? Tell us about it–