This is a great weekend supper chicken recipe!
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
1⁄2 cup orange juice
1 large organic chicken
4 garlic bulbs, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small pot bring soy sauce, water, sugar, garlic, ginger, spices, and orange juice to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the glaze thickens.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the garlic.
- Pour 1⁄3 of the glaze over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Make sure it's done with a thermometer.
- Every 20 minutes, take it out and glaze.
- Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–