Ladle your plate with green veggies and pasta and top it with a poached egg. The deliciously runny yolk not only tastes great but also acts as a sauce
For the spaghetti:
14 oz spaghetti
4 poached eggs (see recipe below)
sea salt flakes and white pepper from the mill, to taste
For the sauce:
16 oz green vegetables (flat sugar snap pea pods, zucchini, asparagus)
4 slices bacon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons cooking cream or double cream
1⁄4 cup freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in salted water until done, according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized chunks. Remove the hard ends of the asparagus spears.
- Parboil the asparagus and the zucchini chunks for 5 minutes and the pea pods for a few minutes in salted water. You can also cook them with the pasta.
- Chop the bacon into small cubes. Fry the cubes in a frying pan.
- Add the butter, oil, and cream.
- Combine the bacon mixture, the cooked, drained spaghetti, and the vegetables.
- Season with pepper and add some salt, if needed.
- Spoon the pasta onto plates.
- Garnish with poached eggs.
Made it? Tell us about it–