2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 1/2 stick soft butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 tablespoons dark molasses
1 large egg
- Reheat oven to 350F(180C)
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder and spices. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar light soft, add molasses and egg and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture, a little at a time.
- Work it until you have a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 30 pieces and roll each piece to a ball.
- Roll in sugar and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–