I make this cake every fall. It’s a bit grown-up in its taste of amaretto and spices. The figs make it really moist.
This recipe is from my Fall 2015 issue!
You will need:
1 lb dried black Mission figs
1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
2 cups water
1⁄2 cup amaretto
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
caramel sauce, for serving(you can use store bought)
1⁄2 cup toasted unsweetenedcoconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the figs, cranberry, and water in a saucepan and simmer until the figs are tender.
- Place in a blender with amaretto and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Beat together sugar, oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the figs and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and spices.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and well-floured bundt pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack and then turn onto a platter.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce and toasted coconut on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–