I love the way the glaze looks on these beautiful cookies! And it's got a little bit of a kick!
Here's a link to several Cookie Molds that you could use for this recipe: Santa Cookie Mold
Makes about 3 dozen
For the Dough:
33⁄4 cups all purpose flour
11⁄2 tablespoons ginger,ground
11⁄2 teaspoons allspice, ground
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanillaextract
1⁄2 cup molasses
2 tablespoons honey
For the Glaze:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon white pepper, ground
4 to 6 tablespoons water, as needed
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat to combine.
- Add vanilla, molasses, and honey, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, mixing just until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into 3 discs.
- Wrap each with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Working 1 disc at a time, roll on a lightly floured surface until the dough is 1⁄4” thick.
- Press with a well floured cookie mold or decorated rolling pin.
- Cut as needed.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Save your scraps! They can be patched together and re-rolled.
- Bake until just set and crisped at edges. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to let cool completel
- To glaze, mix together all of the ingredients, adding water as needed.
- Lightly brush the cookies and let stand until the glaze has set.
Made it? Tell us about it–