The cucumber base makes this gazpacho very special!
5 small cucumbers, peeled and chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 small-sized jalapeño chili peppers, seeded and chopped (wear rubber gloves!)
3 cloves of garlic, pressed
1⁄4 cup water
1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
juice from 1 lime
salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- Combine cucumbers, bell pepper, green onions, basil, parsley, jalapeño chilis, and garlic into a blender or food processor.
- Add water, vegetable stock, grapeseed oil, lime juice, and a touch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Use the food processor to liquify.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Add a touch of chili pepper flakes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve with crostini garnish.
I love Persian cucumbers best for this recipe!
Made it? Tell us about it–