This is one heck of a chocolate dessert!
1 stick butter
9 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons dark rum
3 tablespoons very strong coffee
whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and chocolate in a double boiler and melt together.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl with sugars and mix until dissolved.
- Add eggs, baking powder, rum, and coffee. Stir well until smooth.
- Pour into 4 well-greased pint jars.
- Bake for 30 minutes. They will rise up and fall again— they are supposed to fall.
- Let them cool slightly.
- Serve with whipped cream.
If you don’t care for the taste of rum you can replace it with whiskey.
Made it? Tell us about it–