I love a good creamy split pea soup. Not into fish? Serve it as is or with some grilled chicken or some shrimp.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 cup split peas
4 cups vegetable stock
1 can coconut milk
salt and pepper, to taste
10 oz cod filet
2 tablespoons butter
micro kale, for serving red chili flakes
- Heat the oil in a big pan and add onion, celery, and carrot.
- Sauté it all until the onion goes soft. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and stock, and let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Use blender to purée the soup. If it’s too thick just add some more stock.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fish in butter with some salt and pepper, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the soup in bowls with some fish, micro kale, and red chili flakes.
Made it? Tell us about it–