This is my take on the classic tarte tatin with asparagus, carrots, and goat cheese. It’s so easy to make and really delicious too.
½ teaspoon za’atar spice
pinch of salt and pepper
½ bunch asparagus, hard ends cut off
2 carrots, sliced thin (use a vegetable peeler)
¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
1 large sheet puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Melt the butter in an iron skillet and add the spices.
- Remove skillet from the heat and add a layer of asparagus, a layer of carrots, and a layer of crumbled goat cheese.
- Top with puff pastry. Tuck the pastry securely into the pan.
- Brush pastry with a beaten egg and bake until golden, about 18–20 minutes.
- Cool a little before turning it upside down on a platter.
- Serve with a green salad on the side.
Made it? Tell us about it–