An elegant, sparkling end to any meal, this champagne jelly is bejeweled with ruby-red strawberries.
1¼ cups water
1⁄3 cup sugar
2 cups champagne or
4 sheets gelatin
12 small strawberries
- Pour the water and sugar into a saucepan and place on the stove.
- Remove the pan when it reaches the boiling point.
- Pour the champagne into a bowl and let the sheets of gelatin soak in it for around 5 minutes.
- Remove the gelatine and place into the warm sugar-water.
- Mix until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour the sugar-water into the champagne.
- Clean and slice the strawberries.
- Arrange them into 6 singleserving dishes.
- Divide the champagne mixture into the bowls and cover them with cling film.
- Let them set in a cool place for around 6 hours.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of whipped cream.
Swap in any fruit you want!
Made it? Tell us about it–