Fresh strawberries combined with creamy Greek yogurt transform into an irresistible frosty treat. It's not overly sweet and a little less decadent than ice cream!
16 oz strawberries
¾ cup sugar
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon liquor or
freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Clean and hull the strawberries, then slice them.
- Place them in a bowl with the sugar and let them macerate for around half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Purée the strawberries with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Mix in the yogurt and the liquor or lemon juice.
- Freeze the mixture for around an hour, and use a ice cream maker to freeze.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, let the mixture freeze for a couple hours. Next, vigorously whip it with a fork and place it back in the freezer.
- Freeze for another hour, vigorously stir again, and then let it freeze completely. Stirring the mixture as it freezes improves the consistency of the frozen yogurt.
Made it? Tell us about it–