I always keep a package of puff pastry in my freezer!
3 tablespoons butter
1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄2 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
2 tablespoons water
4 cups strawberries, cut in half
1 pack puff pastry
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place butter, sugar, vanilla and water in a small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Let it simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until it thickens.
- Place the strawberries in 4 portion size ramekins or small pans.
- Pour on the syrup.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut it up to fit the top of your dish.
- Place it on top of the mixture and brush with butter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Made it? Tell us about it–