This fruity syrup reminds me of summers in Norway!
I'm channeling my Scandinavian heritage for this fabulous syrup that can be used to enhance your favorite SUMMER SIPPERS! I developed this recipe for my friends at Sons of Norway's Viking Magazine. Read about my Summer Sippers story HERE.
I love this syrup served with soda... maybe add dark rum, or over shaved ice (and maybe a dash of vodka), or on vanilla ice cream!
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
pinch of black pepper
sliced fresh strawberries
Alcohol suggestion: Dark spicy rum
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, water and strawberries.
- Bring to a boil and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool and use an emulation blander to make it into a smooth syrup.
- To make the shaved ice run the ice though the shaved ice maker into a cup, top with syrup.
- Serve with sliced rest strawberries on top.
- To make a cocktail simply add 2 cl rum to each glass and serve.
Made it? Tell us about it–