These string fries are so good and easy to make. Using my Kitchen Aid spiralizer makes it a walk in the park! All of the strips have the same size and they will all cook evenly. I leave the skin on because I feel it adds so much to the taste!
6 large russet potatoes
vegetable oil for frying
12 garlic cloves, peeled
6 rosemary twigs
- Cut the end of the potatoes and use your Kitchen Aid Spiralizer. Use the thinnest attachment.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, about 4" hight. The oil is hot enough when you drop a small piece of potato in there and it bubbles around it.
- Deep fry the potatoes in batches with the garlic. The garlic will induce the oil and make the potatoes have a mild garlic taste.
- Once a batch is ready place it on paper towers before place them in a serving bowl.
- At the end fry the rosemary, put them in one at a time as herbs contain water and it might splash.
- Serve the fries with the garlic and rosemary and finish off with some good salt.
You can cut the fries by hand or with a non-mechanical spiralizer too!
Made it? Tell us about it–