A perfectly sweet treat to top ice cream or your favorite dessert! Presented by our friends at Sipp Sparkling Organics!
You will need:
1 12 ounce bottle of Sipp Summer Pear Soda
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
2 pears, pitted but peel on, cubed
1 extra pear to make the garnish (optional)
- Pour the bottle of soda into a saucepan and add the sugar.
- Bring to a boil and let the syrup simmer on low for about 15-18 minutes. It should turn into a dark and thick syrup.
- Add the cubed pears and simmer for another 6-7 minutes until the pears are a bit soft.
- Cool and serve on big scoops of ice cream or cake!
- To make the beautiful pear garnish, slice a pear thinly and brush it on both sides with the syrup made. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for about 30 min, or until dry. Allow to cool and use as garnish!
Made it? Tell us about it–