The great thing about summer rolls is that you can fill them with just about anything— vegetables, leftover meat, chicken or fish—even fruit.
8 spring roll wrappers edible flowers
1 carrot, peeled and julienned 1/2 cucumber, julienned
2 scallions, julienned
1 cup roasted chicken, shredded
4 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons sesame oil 2 tablespoons chili sauce 2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Place the wrappers, one at a time, in a shallow bowl of hot water for about 15 seconds.
- Place soaked wrappers on a wet cutting board or kitchen mat. Your surface needs to be wet to keep the wrapper from sticking to the surface.
- Start filling the wrappers by placing the flowers in the center. Then layer the rest of the ingredients one at a time.
- Fold in the sides, roll to close, and place on a platter. Repeat for each wrapper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce, and serve with the rolls.
Made it? Tell us about it–