Perfect recipe for a summer pie!
You Will Need:
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1-2 tablespoons ice water
5 stalks rhubarb, sliced
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pint hulled strawberries
- In a large bowl, add flour, almond flour, salt, sugar and butter.
- Use your fingers and work the butter into the flour. The result should be a crumbly mixture.
- Add the water a little at a time and work the dough quickly together.
- Press into a10 inch large greased tart tins and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Prick the bottom with a fork bake in 375 F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan heat up rhubarb and sugar, cook until the rhubarb start to soften.
- Stir in the strawberries.
- Fill the crust with the mixture and serve while warm a la mode.
You can swap out the fruit as you see fit!
Made it? Tell us about it–