A quick and easy crusty bread made at home!
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
11/2 cups warm water
1 packet dry yeast (2.5 teaspoons)
3 cups all-purpose flour
11/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
extra flour for dusting
- Mix water and yeast in a bowl. Leave for 5 minutes or until the yeast starts to bubble.
- Add flour, salt, and oil. Mix well until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for 11/2 hours.
- After 1 hour, place a heavy cast- iron pot with a lid in the oven, and set it to 450oF.
- After 30 minutes, take the pot out of the oven. Gently fold the dough into the pot—don't worry if it looks messy. Place the lid back on the pot, return to oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid, and bake for another 15–25 minutes, or until the bread is browned.
- Cool on a rack before serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–