This is my go to crab cake recipe -- easy and delish!
1 lb fresh lump crab meat
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
pinch of red chili flakes
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
salt & pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons flour, more for dredging
2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine crab, egg, dill, chili, mustard, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Cover and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Shape into patties, place on a tray, and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a pan and dredge the cakes with flour.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Serve with grilled corn.
These also make a great sandwich with some tartar sauce on a toasted brioche bun.
Made it? Tell us about it–