It's simple to make, tastes great and you can dress it up or down depending on the event. You can serve it as it is, or with some whipped cream and berries, some frosting and a few cookie stars like the image or with hot chocolate fudge and vanilla ice cream. It's really versatile.
Makes one loaf/cake
1 1/2 stick butter, soft
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
a few star cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and airy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and vanilla.
- When you have a smooth batter pour it into the loaf pan.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Stir confectioners sugar and water to a smooth and thick glaze.
- Remove from pan and decorate with glaze, coconut and star cookies.
Made it? Tell us about it–