This pesto is perfect on sandwiches, pizza, pasta and just about anything else!
Makes about 1 cup
You will need:
2 1/2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place basil, pine nuts and garlic on cutting board.
- Use a mezzaluna or a large knife, finely chop the ingredients.
- Place in a bowl, add parmesan and oil.
- Mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to sit at least 30 minutes or longer to allow the flavors to combine.
- Can be refrigerated up to 2 days.
Chopping and mixing by hand yields a chunkier and more rustic pesto than the smooth variety from a food processor.
Made it? Tell us about it–