A reader emailed me the other day and told me her dog Bruno was just diagnosed with a grain allergy. She wanted to give him some treats and asked me if I had any recipes that are grain-free. I didn’t, but decided to come up with one. This one is for you, Bruno!
Makes about 25
You will need:
2 cups sweet potato chunks
1 ripe banana
11⁄2 cups coconut flour (grain-free and great for treats!)
- Boil or microwave the sweet potatoes until soft.
- Place them in a bowl with the banana and use your hand to purée.
- Add the flour a little at a time. You don’t want the mixture to be dry. It should resemble a cookie dough.
- Roll into walnut-size balls and flatten a little with your hands.
- Place on a baking rack and bake for about 25 minutes at 360°F.
- Let cool.
- I freeze these as they are always a little bit raw in the middle. Take out the treats 10 minutes before you want to give them to the pup.
Made it? Tell us about it–