This vegetarian delight will make your Autumn table sing!
You Will Need:
1 garlic clove
4 large sweet potatoes
3 large carrots (around 3-5)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups vegetable stock
¾ cup heavy cream
¼ tsp freshly ground chilli
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
garnish: toasted pumpkin seeds and thyme twigs and heavy cream
- Peel and chop the onion, sweet potatoes and carrots.
- In a large pot, sauté them briefly in oil.
- Add the vegetable stock. Bring the stock to a boil and then lower the heat to medium heat.
- Cook for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a hand blender, purée the soup. Then add cream to thicken it.
- Stir the soup and bring to a boil.
- Season with chilli and pepper. Add salt if required.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a pan until lightly toasted.
- Serve soup in bowls garnished with pumpkin seeds, fresh thyme and a drizzle of heavy cream.
You can swap in chicken stock for vegetable stock if you like!
Made it? Tell us about it–