The balance of bitter, crunchy radicchio and endive with the tender sweetness of tangelo orange is delightfully unexpected in this dish.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 heads radicchio, quartered lengthwise
2 endives, quartered lengthwise
2 Tangelo oranges, supremed into segments and membrane juiced
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar
- In a large cast iron skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add radicchio and endive and cook until charred and just tender. Set aside.
- To the hot skillet, add the juice squeezed from the leftover membrane of both oranges, along with honey and brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and add orange segments, radicchio, and endives to the pan to caramelize for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, top with pomegranate seeds, and drizzle on good balsamic.
Made it? Tell us about it–