From Molly Stephens: “This dish makes me happy because it’s so easy to throw together for any party with minimal effort. Great flavor, looks fancy, and allows you to spend more time with family and friends”
1 large sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1⁄3 cup fig preserve
15 thin slices Serrano ham
1 cup Manchego cheese, grated
1 tablespoon water
- Roll out the sheet of puff pastry to double its original size.
- Spread the fig preserve onto the puff pastry and cover with ham and cheese.
- Roll each side into the middle so they meet—this will create a large “sausage”.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill for 45 minutes to firm up the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the roll into ½” pieces and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Beat egg and water and brush the mixture on top of each slice.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Made it? Tell us about it–