This vegan cheese log is high in protein, full of good fats, and can be rolled in any mix of herbs, nuts, or dried fruit. It tastes very similar to a dairy cheese log made with goat's cheese.
Makes 1 log
1 cup raw cashews, soaked, rinsed
1⁄2 cup blanched almonds, soaked rinsed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1⁄3 cup water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoon flaked salt
2 teaspoons thyme, roughly chopped
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- Using a high speed blender, process cashews, almonds, lemon juice, water, coconut oil, vinegar, and salt for 5 minutes over a medium speed.
- In a bowl, combine the thyme, shallots, and pistachios and evenly distribute over a 9”x9” piece of plastic wrap.
- Pour the cheeze mixture onto the plastic wrap and roll to form a sausage shape.
- Wrap with foil and place into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set.
- Serve with your choice of crackers and vegetable crudités.
Made it? Tell us about it–