This is perfect for a Sunday lunch. It’s easy to make, and everything is conveniently in one tray. Can’t beat that!
1 large organic chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 small bunch of fresh thyme
2 pounds fingerling potatoes
3 pears, cut into 4 pieces each
1 head of garlic, broken up
juice of 1 lemon
1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Gently lift the skin of the chicken breasts and place a few sprigs of thyme in the cavity.
- Place in a large ovenproof dish and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Mix fingerling potatoes with pears, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil, and place around the chicken.
- Roast for another 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool for about 10 minutes before carving.
Made it? Tell us about it–